Terms and Conditions of Use
1. TermsBy accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Government AffiliationThis web site is not owned or operated by, nor affiliated with the Government. Driving-tests.org is in no way connected to DMV or administering examinations. Driving-tests.org contains general information with respect to departments of motor vehicles in the various states of the USA for informational and educational purposes only, and by using the acronym "DMV" this web site does not claim any authority to act on behalf of, nor that it is endorsed, sponsored or sanctioned by, the Government.
3. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Driving-tests.org's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Driving-tests.org's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Driving-tests.org at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Driving-tests.org's web site are provided "as is". Driving-tests.org makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Driving-tests.org does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- All practice tests presented can be used for training purposes only and do not guarantee you will get the same questions on the actual examination. The practice tests are only supposed to give you an idea of what you need to be paying particular attention to while studying the driver’s handbook for your State.
- All drivers’ handbooks presented at Driving-tests.org are also publicly available at the official web sites of State-specific DMVs.
5. LimitationsIn no event shall Driving-tests.org or its partners be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Driving-tests.org's Internet site, even if Driving-tests.org or a Driving-tests.org authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
6. Revisions and ErrataThe materials appearing on Driving-tests.org's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Driving-tests.org does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Driving-tests.org may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Driving-tests.org does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
7. LinksDriving-tests.org has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Driving-tests.org of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
9. Governing LawAny claim relating to Driving-tests.org's web site shall be governed by the laws of United States of America without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
At http://driving-tests.org, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit http://driving-tests.org, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information to third parties.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also use third party advertisements on http://driving-tests.org to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
DoubleClick DART cookies
We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google's DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests ("interest based targeting"). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Las Vegas, you may see Las Vegas hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about hockey). DART uses "non personally identifiable information". It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
Library & NGO License ('pro bono' driver education program)
The only cookie on partner website subdomains is used to 'remember' the user's test progress in case the page is closed when the test is not complete. This cookie is used to display the unanswered questions to the user so that s/he does not have to start the test from scratch. No ads are displayed to the visitors of partner websites and no ad-related cookies or any other tracking tools are used/stored.